Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Truth Sets Us Free

For a couple of days I have been contemplating upon the idea of how to help people when they ask for advice but they cannot recognize or accept that they have a “thinking” problem and they avoid attempts to help them see their error.  Now I’m not talking about tearing someone down but trying to help one grow into a more healthy way of thinking and behaving.  I understand we live in a sin-sick world but it is not productive for us to don the “rose-colored” glasses and pretend there are no problems or if there are problems to blame it on someone else’s issues and not ours.  I’m learning that wisdom dictates my silence and prayers more often than my handing out advice in these situations.
 
Ephesians 4:15 Rather, let our lives lovingly express truth [in all things, speaking truly, dealing truly, living truly]. Enfolded in love, let us grow up in every way and in all things into Him Who is the Head, [even] Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One).

No comments:

Post a Comment