Thursday, February 6, 2020

What Path Will You Chose?



When facing challenges and tough decisions, we all wrestle with what the right thing to do is.  We want to get it right and if we are honest, we want to hold on to as much control as possible.  We struggle because we want to stay in our comfort zone, chiefly due to hating change.  However, staying in the midst of “sameness” brings its own challenges.  Many times in my life, I have been wrestling with  racing thoughts as my mind is dealing with a wide variety of “doom and gloom” scenarios or fantasizing about the “perfect” outcome. 

  • For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. ~ Ephesians 6:12  

The Lord eventually gets my attention with a simple question:  “Are you going to exalt your problems or Me?”  That usually stops me in my tracks and then I start mentally reviewing the results of either choice.

  • casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ ~ 2 Corinthians 10:5

If I chose to exalt my problems, I will continue to experience confusion leading to depression, obsession, bondage and brokenness.  I become stuck and tied to unbelief, judgment and disobedience. 

If I chose to exalt the Lord, I will experience peace beyond understanding and clarity of mind even though I don’t know how everything is going to work out.  I can love those I don’t understand without trying to control the situation or them.  I can experience freedom I didn’t know was available to me in the midst of uncertain times

So without a doubt, I choose to exalt my Lord and Savior, My God---even though I don’t understand or see how things are going to work out. 

Because I know:  He is Sovereign.  He is Trustworthy.  He is Faithful. 


Once I take this stand, then I can pray God’s will in those situations surrendering the outcome to Him.  He will accomplish His purposes.   He always cares for His own—disciplining us as needed and nurturing our hearts to love and forgive and to show others His heart.
  • Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. ~ 2nd Corinthians 5:20 



He has always been patient and gracious with me as I have had my pity parties and when I have tried to tell Him how to “fix” things.  What a great love He has for us!!  We could never work hard enough or be good enough to earn His Love and Grace.  It is readily available to anyone who asks for it.  Praise the Lord!!  He is mine and I am His! In Him I have everlasting Hope and you can have it too.  Just ask!


Prayer:  Lord, Thank you for Your patience, grace, wisdom and discernment.  Forgive me for forgetting You some days.  Help me to be mindful that nothing catches You by surprise and ALL my challenges, whether difficulties or blessings, come through you.  Your eyes never leave me  and your heart is always near.  Remind me to sit down, be silent and listen for You.  Help me to be sensitive to your Spirit’s leading and to be obedient in all things.  Adjust my desires so that they line up with your desires.  Teach all your children to pursue You and your desires.  In Jesus name. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment